Guiding services – the small print
- A typical guided day would be a maximum of 8 hours, with night time sessions being anything up to 5 hours (depending on conditions).
- When booking a guiding session you will be required to pay a 25% deposit, with the reminder being paid in cash at end of the day/night session. Deposits to be made via Paypal, bank transfer, cheque or cash.
- It is your responsibility to be in possession of a valid Environment Agency rod licence while fishing with me.
- Permits prices are not included as part of the guiding fee, but I can purchase them on your behalf (obviously prices vary depending on location).
- By prior arrangement, I can provide all the required tackle and equipment free of charge – including waders.
- Some Wye and Usk foundation beats operate a ‘Wash-off’ policy, meaning that if we are unfortunate to find the river in flood I can re-book for another day without further payment.
- In order to respond to local conditions, I reserve the right to cancel a guided session at short notice if the water or weather conditions are, or are becoming unsuitable, or unsafe. In any such cases I will do my best to save your day by offering you a change of venue.
- Cancellations – if a cancellation is made by you at least one month in advance, I will return your deposit in full. If I cancel a guided session, I will refund your deposit or offer an alternative day/night.